Daily US Times, Beijing: China issues travel warning to both in and out of Wuhan amid Coronavirus caused deaths surge.
Wuhan is the city at the center of a new virus outbreak that has killed 17 people.
The city of 8.9 million people is advised to avoid crowds and minimize public gatherings. The advice is to protect the public from Coronavirus caused deaths of cases.
The mysterious virus has already spread several Chinese states along with the US, Thailand and South Korea.
So far 440 coronavirus cases have been confirmed, with the origin of a seafood market that “conducted illegal transactions of wild animals”.
On Wednesday, Chinese authorities confirmed the death toll that had almost doubled – from nine – in the space of a day.
All the deaths so far have been in Hubei, the province around Wuhan.
World Health Organization’s emergency committee is meeting to assess the global risks posed by the virus in Geneva. They will decide if it should be declared an international public health emergency – as happened with swine flu and Ebola.
If the decision is made, it could see advice issued on travel or trade restrictions.
China admitted that the country was now at the “most critical stage” of prevention and control.
National Health Commission vice-minister Li Bin said ”Basically, do not go to Wuhan. And those in Wuhan please do not leave the city.”
US reported its first case
he United States has confirmed the first new mysterious Chinese virus on its territory.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) said a US resident who arrived in Seattle for China had been diagnosed. The virus originated in China and caused panic around the region.
The mysterious Chinese virus has infected 300 people and six have died so far. The Chinese city of Wuhan is the worst affected.
A tour operator said China’s neighbor North Korea closed its border for foreign tourists in the response of the threat.
Young Pioneer Tours, a tour operator based in China and specializes in travel to North Korea. In a statement, the company said North Korea was implementing a temporary ban as a precaution.
The man diagnosed in the US believed to be in his 30s and he returned from Wuhan on 15 January.
In a statement, CDC said: “The patient sought care at a medical facility in the state of Washington, where the patient was treated for the illness.”