Daily US Times: Joe Biden has said on Monday that agencies critical to US security have suffered “enormous damage” at the hands of the Trump administration.
Mr Biden claimed his transition team was not getting the information it needed, including from the Department of Defense.
The Democrat spoke after a briefing by national security and foreign policy aides.
President-elect Biden takes office on 20 January but President Trump has refused to accept defeat in November’s election.
For weeks after the 3 November election, Joe Biden was blocked from receiving key intelligence briefings, a normally and essential routine part of a presidential transition.
Following Biden’s remarks, Christopher Miller, Acting Defense Secretary, said officials had been “working with the utmost professionalism to support transition activities”.
He said: “The Department of Defense has conducted 164 interviews with over 400 officials and provided over 5,000 pages of documents – far more than initially requested by Biden’s transition team.”
A spokesman from the Department said the Pentagon had been “completely transparent” with the Biden team.
In a speech following a video conference call with advisers which he posted on Twitter, the former Vice-President said his team was facing “roadblocks” in the Department of Defense and the Office of Management and Budget.
Mr Biden said: “Right now, we just aren’t getting all the information that we need from the outgoing administration in key national security areas.”
“It is nothing short, in my view, of irresponsibility,” he added.
Mr Biden said many of the agencies that are critical to the US security have incurred enormous damage.