Daily US Times: Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan, have announced their first project, a series, at Netflix after signing a production deal last year.
Netflix said in a statement on Monday: “Heart of Invictus” a docu-series from Harry and Meghan’s production company Archewell Productions, will follow “a group of extraordinary competitors from around the globe, all service members who have suffered life-changing injuries or illnesses on their road to the Invictus Games The Hague 2020, now set to take place in 2022,.”
Prince Harry founded Invictus Games in 2014. The event provides athletic events for injured service members.
The multi-episode series, a partnership between The Invictus Games Foundation and Archewell Productions, will follow the competitors and organizers of the event.
The series will also come from producer Joanna Natasegara and director Orlando von Einsiedel, who won an Oscar for their 2016 short film “The White Helmets.”
In a statement, Prince Harry said: “I couldn’t be more excited for the journey ahead or prouder of the Invictus community for continuously inspiring global healing, human potential and continued service.”
The Duke of Sussex will serve as executive producer on the series and will appear on camera.
According to Netflix (NFLX), The Invictus Games Foundation will also be an executive producer and the project will “provide significant funding to the organization.”
You may read: Kim Kardashian West joins billionaire club