Harry and William denied bully claims by the Times

Harry and William denied bully claims by the Times
The two brothers issued a joint statement. Source: Getty Images
2 Min Read

Daily US Times, London: Prince Harry and Prince William denied false claims in the Times story, alleging that a rift in the royal family was caused by William’s “bullying attitude.”

They both released a joint statement where they described the story is “inflammatory language” as “offensive.”

British newspaper The Times published the news on Monday. The report claims the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Meghan and Harry, felt “pushed away” by William’s “bullying attitude.”

Both the brothers are to meet the Queen to discuss Harry and Meghan’s future. An overwhelming situation created since earlier this week when Harry and Meghan announced they are stepping back as senior royals.

The couple said they would try to become financially independent and live between the UK and North America.

The Monday statement says: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of Cambridge.”

It claims the two brothers care deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, and he story’s language is is offensive and potentially harmful.

In October last year, Harry denied the speculations between him and Williams by saying he was “on different paths at the moment,” but he loved William “dearly.”

The joint statement from the bothers are ‘quite extraordinary,’ described by Dan Wootton, the executive editor of the Sun who broke the news of Prince Harry and Meghan’s decision to step back.

He said the two brothers relations “incredibly strained over the past 18 months”, but he would not use the word ”bully”.

Daily Mail journalist and royal biographer Robert Hardman said the statement shows ”the depth of the bond between those two brothers”.

What happened?

Harry’s wife Meghan is in Canada now with her child Archie. She flew to the country amid the ongoing discussions between the two governments.

The couple spent their Christmas there. The Sussexes returned to the UK last week after a six-week break from royal duties.

They have been struggling with the media spotlight, especially how British media described Meghan.

They publicly revealed their struggle in last October.

In December, news broke out that the couple had made an application to trademark their Sussex Royal brand. The brand has a string of items, including books, calendars, clothing, charitable fundraising, education, and social care services.