Daily US Times: The security service of Norway (PST) said the deadly bow and arrow attack, which left five people dead, appears to have been an act of terror.
However a motive hasn’t yet been determined.
The suspect is a 37-year-old Danish citizen named Espen Andersen Brathen. He had converted to Islam and there were fears he had been radicalised.
He is accused of killing a man and four women on Wednesday night in the southern town of Kongsberg.
In Thursday (in Norwegian), police said in a press release that Brathen was due to appear in court on Friday at 09:00 local time (07:00 GMT).
A police lawyer said to the press that he would be assessed by psychiatrists.
The people of Norway have been deeply shaken by the violence.
On Thursday, flags were flown at half-mast while flowers and other memorials were placed in Kongsberg’s main square.
Regional police chief Ole Bredrup Saeverud said the victims were all aged between 50 and 70.
The attack was first reported at 18:12 local time (16:12 GMT) on Wednesday. Police confronted him six minutes later, but he shot several arrows at them and escaped. He was eventually caught about half an hour later.
The police chief said that it was during this time, between being first approached and then arrested, that the victims were killed.
You may read: Last chance to find Covid origins, says WHO