Daily US Times: On Friday, the US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that he would release more of Hillary Clinton emails — an openly political move on behalf of President Trump ahead of the next general election and a year after a State Department investigation concluded there was no “persuasive evidence” of widespread mishandling of classified information by the former Trump’s rival or her aides.
Trump said that he is not pleased about it a day earlier, that his top US diplomat had not yet released the emails deleted from Clinton’s private server, which she said in 2015 “were personal and private.”
On Thursday, Mr Trump told Fox News: “She said she had 33,000 emails. They’re in the State Department, but Mike Pompeo is unable to get them out, which is very sad actually. I’m — I’m not happy about him for that, that reason.”
”He was unable to get — I don’t know why. You’re running the State Department and you get them out. But they’re in the State Department,” President Trump added.
Pompeo said in an interview with Fox News Friday that they have got the Clinton emails and they are getting them out. It is not clear if he was referencing the deleted emails.
Being asked if the Hillary Clinton emails would be released before the election, Mr Pompeo replied, “I certainly think there’ll be more to see before the election.”
Mr Pompeo said there was classified information on a private server, which should have never been there. That was unacceptable behavior from Ms Clinton, he said.
A State Department investigation about the emails was published in October last year,, but it said there was no “persuasive evidence” of widespread mishandling of classified information.