The Queen back at Windsor after hospital stay

The Queen back at Windsor after hospital stay
Source: Getty Images
4 Min Read

Daily US Times: The Palace said in the statement that The Queen returned from the private hospital in central London at lunchtime on Thursday and is “in good spirits”, the palace added.

The Monarch had cancelled a visit to Northern Ireland on Wednesday.

The 95-year-old Queen was given medical advice to rest for a few days after a busy schedule of public engagements.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Thursday night: “Following medical advice to rest for a few days, the Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits.”

She went to the King Edward VII’s Hospital in Marylebone, about 32km (19 miles) from Windsor, where she was seen by specialists. Her admittance is understood not to be related to Covid-19.

The overnight stay in the hospital was said to be for practical reasons and the Queen was back at her desk undertaking light duties on Thursday afternoon.

It is the first time the Monarch has stayed in hospital since 2013, when she suffered symptoms of gastroenteritis.

The King Edward VII’s is used by senior royals – including the Queen’s husband, the late Duke of Edinburgh, who received treatment there earlier this year.

An official record of the Queen Elizabeth’s diary showed at least 16 formal events during this month, and there had been the plans for her to embark on the two-day trip to Northern Ireland this week.

On Tuesday evening, she was pictured hosting a Global Investment Summit at Windsor Castle alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

However, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said on Wednesday the monarch had “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days”.

Daily US Times: The Queen is now back at Windsor Castle after spending Wednesday night in hospital for preliminary medical checks, Buckingham Palace has said.

The Palace said in the statement that The Queen returned from the private hospital in central London at lunchtime on Thursday and is “in good spirits”, the palace added.

The Monarch had cancelled a visit to Northern Ireland on Wednesday.

The 95-year-old Queen was given medical advice to rest for a few days after a busy schedule of public engagements.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement on Thursday night: “Following medical advice to rest for a few days, the Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits.”

She went to the King Edward VII’s Hospital in Marylebone, about 32km (19 miles) from Windsor, where she was seen by specialists. Her admittance is understood not to be related to Covid-19.

The overnight stay in the hospital was said to be for practical reasons and the Queen was back at her desk undertaking light duties on Thursday afternoon.

It is the first time the Monarch has stayed in hospital since 2013, when she suffered symptoms of gastroenteritis.

The King Edward VII’s is used by senior royals – including the Queen’s husband, the late Duke of Edinburgh, who received treatment there earlier this year.

An official record of Queen Elizabeth’s diary showed at least 16 formal events during this month, and there had been the plans for her to embark on the two-day trip to Northern Ireland this week.

On Tuesday evening, she was pictured hosting a Global Investment Summit at Windsor Castle alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

However, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said on Wednesday the monarch had “reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days”.

You may read: Covid-19 may have killed 80k-180k healthcare workers, WHO says