Daily US Times: Former president Donald Trump has launched a new “communications” website, which says it will publish content “straight from the desk” of Mr Trump.
The former US president was banned by Twitter and suspended by YouTube and Facebook after the Capitol riots in January.
Mr Trump has since been releasing statements by press release – which the new ‘communications’ platform website will now host.
Users will be able to like posts – and also share them on Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Kara Swisher, technology columnist for the New York Times, told in an interview with BBC: “It is a blog. I was like ‘2002 is calling and it wants its blog back…’
“I don’t know what the overall plan is because he does have some very sharp digital advisers. It is just the beginning of his attempts to try to re-establish a louder ability to participate in digital media.”
Trump’s move comes a day before a decision is due from Facebook’s Oversight Board on whether to permanently ban the former president.
Jason Miller, Mr Trump’s senior adviser, had previously said a new social media platform was to be launched. He said in March: “This new platform is going to be big.”
But on Tuesday, Mr Miller tweeted that the new website was not the social media platform he had previously hyped.
He said: “We’ll have additional information coming on that front in the very near future.”
The website is reportedly built by Campaign Nucleus, a digital services company created by Brad Parscale, Mr Trump’s former campaign manager.
You may read: Facebook’s Oversight Board to rule on Trump account ban