Daily US Times: YouTube has become the latest social media network to suspend President Donald Trump.
The service, owned by Google, has prevented Mr Trump’s account from uploading new videos or live-streaming material for a minimum of seven days, and has said it may extend the period.
YouTube said Mr Trump’s channel had broken its rules over the incitement of violence.
President Trump had posted several videos on Tuesday night, some of which remain online.
Google has not provided details of what the president said in the video it banned, however the BBC has discovered it was a clip from his press conference on Tuesday.
YouTube’s decision came hours after civil rights groups had threatened to organise an ads boycott against the platform.
Jim Steyer – who previously helped coordinate similar action against another social media giant Facebook last year – had called on Google to go further and take Mr Trump’s channel offline.
After the suspension, he tweeted: “We hope they will make it permanent. It is disappointing that it took a Trump-incited attack to get here, but appears that the major platforms are finally beginning to step up.”
Google said that President Trump could still face his page being closed if he falls foul of its three-strikes policy.
Google said in a statement: “After review, and in light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J Trump’s channel for violating our policies.”
“It now has its first strike and is temporarily prevented from uploading new content for a minimum of seven days,’ the statement added.
You may read: Republican leaders eroding ahead of impeachment vote